So, today, i was reading over some of the older posts of my blog. i actually havent had anything to really post about lately, and i dont feel like joining the train of people who are complaining about school tomorrow because that would just dampen my spirits.
I should be thinking, WOO EDUCATION!
hahaha
Anyhow. About my blog. Reading over my post, i sound so much like a teenager. My blog is complete with lack of grammar and punctuation, limited vocab, a bit of slang ,stories about my 'angsty' feelings about life and so forth haha you get the picture. hahaha. Only because I am one. A teenager. My friend, Lucy, has this really awesome blog, Amusing Seth. Okay, i spent too long finding the link for her blog and now i forgot what i was going to type.
I think i was meaning to say something about how kids these days always want to seem older. I don't know about you, but at the age of thirteen, I actually said to myself I don't want to grow up. I still wore what my mother gave me to wear, unlike the 13 year old girls i see today. Haha, that sounds like im putting down people who dont obey their mothers. Thats not what i meant. Elaborate a little later on.
At school, I didn't do too well, despite my parents taking me one coaching college to another. I didn't talk back, I didn't really know how to think for myself and put my trust into anyone who was willing to listen to what i had to say. Which wasnt actually a lot. The only thing i would oppose my parents about was the direction of my career. Career. Who even thinks about that at thirteen. I just knew i didn't want to be a lawyer or accountant or any of those ABC professions. So i guess i argued about that.And now they worry about me because they know im probably not going to be in a profession that gives a stable income. Hahaha.
Today, when I look at 13 year olds around me, I see much more 'mature' people. More mature than I was. These kids, they talk about getting revenge at some chick at school who stole their boyfriend. That they supposedly loved heaps. Haha sounds like im scrutinizing Justin Bieber. These kids, they dress like theyre 16 or 17 and wear a cake load of make up. Pure and pretty is for 5 year olds, sexy is for 13 year olds. How shit is that for me. I personally dont like make up that much, because i feel conscious of it being on my face. I dont know. I find this all a bit discomforting. 13 year olds look older than me. Thats really not a good thought.
Im not really sure what my point is, but its something along the lines of being peeved at how fast kids are 'growing up'. Why do that. Why do you want to drink so much. Why do you want to smoke! To seem older? That is really a waste of your life kid.
My sister is turning 13 this year and shows no sign of 'dress-like-a-bratz-doll symptoms. She is fairly mature, i know that, because, well because i ramble on too much to her about my thoughts and shes pretty smart so she processes them into her own. I know those kids out there dress old and shit, but my sister is way more mature than them on the inside. But i really dont want to influence her thoughts like that.
If 13 year olds have to act like a 17 year old, does that mean that I have to act like a 20 year old?
I really hope that is not the case. I like my parents paying the bills;)
I really dont know what im saying, i hope you guys get the general gist of it.
P.S
Last night, my friends Jenny was on the phone with me, telling me about a book called The Potato Factory. Basically it was set in old London and featured a lot of whores and prostitutes :D
'Women back then either survived by becoming a prostitute, or married and lived off their husbands. Either way, they were survivors.' -Jenny
My blog :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
lol.. a somewhat distortion of what i actually said.. but glad it surfaced again in your blog :D
hahaha i guess its the thrill of feeling older i guess, maturity is cool! for some people... I dont want to grow up either :( but i think if you're thinking that then you're already mature enough on the inside to realise how creepy and big the world is once you're released into it, unlike those kids who jsut want to live the 'mature' life without thinking too much. its still a part of your life that you'll never be able to relive again :) the teenage doing things before you're supposed to... its thrilling :D yay
same thing jenna. :P
you know i never remember anything exactly. hahaha typical of you to finish it off like that. 'its thrilling'
heyy same here wiht my blog. it's lack of grammer - basically just a stream of thought.
haha
i know :(
when i was 10years old, my dad was like i hope you never grow up cos when you become a teenager and anything you go bad and leave and don't put family your first. and i was like sure, same here i don't want to be any older than 11. but guess what? i'm 16 now :(
hey carms,
lol, i don't want to grow up either. not really. im comfortable in my situation right now, and to be honest, i like just going to school and coming home and doing work/reading/doing whatever school-teens are SUPPOSED to be doing. I don't know, that's just me. But I'm reaching 17 now, and I'm feeling old. My sister would kill me if she saw this, but truly, I feel old. I don't want to grow up. I want to stay young forever, and just learn and be happy in my own way.
But alas, we all grow up sooner or later, and there's no stopping it. I think we just have to stay young at heart while everything else changes around us.
I think Carms, that even though your parents are worried about your future, YOU shouldn't be. Have confidence in yourself- I have confidence in YOU! Honestly, I do, Carmen. You're very sensible sometimes, and you know how to think rationally, and I know you can put your heart and soul into whatever you think is right. And from this, I know that you'll make the right choice for yourself, and that your parents will one day be proud of you.
Depend upon it, my dear :)
michelle- yeah. well haha my parents want me to grow up sooner so they 'can kick me out' :P hahaha
lucy- i really hope so! sigh. yeah. young at heart is the way to go. im anticipating the day when i climb onto the play equipment and adults give me weird looks because im an adult myself. :( i hope everything will turn out alright :)
Post a Comment