I think most people in Gen X and Y would have noticed the increasing popularity in indie music these days. woo! thats great:D no really. But I reckon some of the indie music coming out now is getting more and more...commercialised. I reckon some bands are so set out on creating a totally 'indie' sound that it doesn't quite seem indie anymore. Trying a bit hard maybe? Whatever happened to that more natural sound?
Now some indie lover is probably going to come and beat me down.
or not.
=D
Indie Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
YES I AM HERE TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU. Because in essence, you speak truth. But the world is losing its charm girl. Those passionate people would latch on when they see the money pouring in. After a while their hearts are left in their closets where no one else can get to them. But their houses are overflowing with money.
Personally, I've never been a fan of indie music. I don't know why- it just doesn't appeal to me, and you should know Carms- I'm more of the alternative rock/rock/pop music person. Always have been :P
But I know what you mean. Indie music is losing its touch. Everyone's turning... indie...
old school indie is better:)
some bands are still okay, but theyre most of them are melding into one sound. HULLO. come onnnnn.
movie themes are still the best though:)
and stellz, i don't think that its just latching onto money; bands split and usually, record companies just sign whatever bands come their way. and those bands are, you know, 'more indie'.
And ditto with the photographs thing, if you know what i mean.
ROCK POP IS AWESOME. haha lucy, you need your bass.
the only 'indie' muic i ever liked was Soul meets Body. i dont tihnk iv heard anything else haha and Casey chambers is cool but sheas more country right? I really like old songs :D and songs by this guy Declan Galbreith or something, hes got a sweet voice and hes so cute!!
Hahah! YES Old school indie is awesome. 2 of my friends are such bloody hipsters it's ridiculous. Mouldy Peaches anyone? To be honest, while the music from Juno was lovely and all, and it suited the movie, it didn't really require much effort. I mean:
"I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of a train
I kiss you all starry eyed, my body's swinging from side to side
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you"
Well firstly, it doesn't make any sense. And I know alot of songs don't make sense, but there's a different kind of depth to it. Do you get me?
And REALLY. I could write that in my sleep.
Do you mean Death Cab Jenny? Yeah. They're awesome.
i cant get into death cab. howver, i can get into john williams:)
John Williams is God, but he's by no means an indie artist.
HAHAHAHA
but seeing as the word 'indie' is derived from the word individual, and indie is getting so in now, its hardly indie. I do believe we have to hand that title over to someone a little more respectable, don't you think?
by the way, i have been fb stalking deborah lurie. she works with danny elfman( <3) a lot. she currently resides in CA, wherever that is. :D
i am such a goddamned obesessed fan.
Ha! Speaking of stalking, I have for a few months been stalking Lauren Lopez, Draco Malfoy and Jim Povolo, Goyle in AVPM. I'm waiting until she changes her display picture.
HAHAHAHA rae, you're worse than me.
For a few months!!
Yeah i do that too, because you cant access their pictures, so you have to wait for ages for them to change their dp!
Post a Comment